Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Det sku' vær så godt, men ...

I though it would be easy, but no. A week into the project I am learning that the stuff that looks like it's going to be hard making is medium difficult, whereas the stuff that appears super easy turns out to be hard.
After getting input from Martin and Steven (again thank you) I decided that I should rewrite all the code I've written so far. So instead of doing that I'd make a small easy thing, adding my own icon on the iPad for the game instead of the standard Unity icon.
An easy satisfying task. Unity Iphone even has a field for this under edit->project settings->player:


So I just drop and drag a 72x72 image on this field - a nice easy task; then build. Well no, this does not work! To the internet! After hours of reading forum posts, changing and testing I had no progress. Then I lost the Unity symbol and I was left with this:


A blank icon. Desperate and ready to write to David Helgason to apologise for losing their icon, I was ready to give up.
Most of the forum post I've read on the topic of icons and Unity iPhone mention that one would have to add the icon to the Xcode folder. Something I have been trying in different ways without luck.  Finally, Christoffer helped me and by magic he got it working without knowing how come it worked. So I backtracked everything.

Here's the solution:
Forget the icon field in Unity Iphone. It does absolutely nothing, apparently. What works is adding the 72x72 .png icon (if you are as I working on something for the ipad) to the Xcode folder. To work the image has to be named Icon-72.png or Icon-iPad.png (the file names are the real magic Ü).


So finally this is what I got after hours of desperate experimenting, yaaaaaay:

No comments:

Post a Comment